Personal information is information or an opinion, in any form and whether true or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained from the information or opinion.
Collection of personal information by CremaMia
CremaMia will only collect personal information about you by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive manner. The types of information we may collect include:
- Identifying and contact information (for example, name, address and email address);
- Financial information (for example, credit card details);
- Health information (for example, where a customer may suffer an adverse reaction to a product); and
- If you register an account with us and/or purchase products through our website, information about your purchases and your other activity on our website (for example, tracking which areas of the website you visit and the content you view).
We collect personal information to provide you with the products and services you request, as well as information on other products and services offered by us. We may also be required by law to collect some personal information.
Where possible, we will collect personal information directly from you or a person authorised to provide this information on your behalf. Should we collect your personal information from a third party, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of this.
If you do not provide personal information requested of you to CremaMia, we may be unable to provide you the products or services you have requested or contact you in the future.
Use and disclosure of personal information by CremaMia
CremaMia will only use or disclose your personal information as permitted under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) http://www.privacy.gov.au.
We will use your personal information to:
- Fulfill your purchase orders for our products;
- Provide you with copies of our newsletter;
- Maintain, update and service your account with us;
- Maintain, administer and improve our systems;
- Improve our website, including to modify it to your usage, history and preferences (NB: We may sell or transfer such non-personally identifiable information to our affiliates, licensees and partners);
- Provide you with information about our products, launches, events or other promotional information; and
- Generate statistics and develop marketing plans for internal business purposes (NB: personal information in this instance will only be used in aggregate form and third parties may be engaged to analyse and consult around this information).
If you provide your email address, you consent to CremaMia using your email address to contact you for the purposes listed above.
In order to properly conduct our activities, we may disclose (with your consent where necessary) personal information to other persons or organisations. Such persons and organisation include:
- Our service providers (such as IT service providers and mail houses); and
- Other parties to whom we are authorised or required by law to disclose information.
Furthermore, we may disclose information we deem necessary if we reasonably believe the use or disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent an imminent or serious threat to life, health or safety, public health or public safety, if we have reason to suspect that unlawful activity has taken place and the use or disclosure is relevant to investigation or reporting of the matter to lawful authority, as required or authorised by any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, in order to prevent or detect a criminal office, to investigate, detect or prevent seriously improper conduct or in the preparation or conduct of proceedings before any court or tribunal or the implementation of the orders of a court or tribunal.
Lastly, we may retain other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include data analysis firms, customer support specialists, webhosting companies, and fulfillment companies (e.g., companies that coordinate mailings). Such third parties may be provided with access to personally identifiable information needed to perform their functions, but may not use such information for any other purpose. We demand that these third parties adhere to the same procedures that we follow ourselves with respect to your personally identifiable information.
Data quality and security
To the extent required by the Privacy Act, CremaMia will take reasonable steps to:
- Make sure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up to date;
- Protect the personal information that we hold and store from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, using various security measures to protect the security of your personal information, both on line and off line; and
- Where permitted by law, destroy and permanently de-identify personal information that is no longer needed for any purpose that is permitted by the Privacy Act.
CremaMia’s credit card transactions are fulfilled by an authorised banking institution. When collecting credit card information for online purchases, CremaMia offers secured server transactions that encrypt your information in transit to prevent others from accessing it. All information is stored on a secure server. Your credit card details are encrypted and then removed from our system once your order has been dispatched.
CremaMia will generally provide individuals with the option of not identifying themselves when entering into transactions when it is lawful and practicable to do so. However, on many occasions, we will not be able to do this. For example, we will need your address in order to deliver any products purchased through our website.
Transfer of personal information overseas
If CremaMia transfers your personal information outside Australia, we will comply with the requirements of the Privacy Act that relate to transborder data flows.
Access to and Correction of Your Personal Information
Please contact CremaMia if you would like to seek access to or correct the personal information we hold about you. CremaMia will generally provide you with access to your personal information if practicable and will take reasonable steps to amend any personal information about you, which is inaccurate or out of date.
Notification of Changes
Further information, complaints and requests for access or correction
- have any queries about how CremaMia handles your personal information;
- would like to access or correct the personal information we hold about you; or
- have any concerns or complaints about the manner in which your personal information has been collected or handled by us,
Please contact us by:
Further information about the application of the Privacy Act can be found at the website of the Office of the Privacy Commissioner at http://www.privacy.gov.au.